Our Operations Org is vibrant and agile, constantly responding as the needs of our clients (and the YouTube and Facebook platforms) evolve. We are passionate problem solvers, who work in a supportive and collaborative environment. The data-driven work we do requires a thorough nature, and a keen attention to detail. We are all avid consumers of pop culture and media – it will help if you are too!
The Operations Manager will aid the Associate Director of Operations in managing five Rights Operations teams. This role will have potentially 3-10 direct reports, and will be charged with providing growth, maintaining engagement and the morale of these critical team members, along with the more straightforward tasks such as timecards. Additionally, the Operations Manager will strive to be directly involved with the operations duties of the org, getting their hands dirty in order to truly understand and be able to speak to the pain points of the job. There will be a lot of information to take in and process in order to be able to capably represent the Operations teams’ needs and advocate on their behalf in meetings with the greater org.
The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager with high EQ, who is ready to become a manager of managers. They have spent time growing and coaching people in technical roles, are competent communicators, and have some experience in data-driven environments.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Coaching and development of key Operations team members
- Coordinating meetings and interfacing with departments outside of Operations
- Can analyze large sets of data to drive decisions and solve problems
- Timecard management, liaising with HR
- Is dedicated to thorough documentation
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ Years of experience managing people
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, empathetic, teamwork-oriented work style
- Strong analytical skills and being comfortable working on data-driven initiatives
Bonus points if:
- You’re interested in movies, television, music, and sports content
- You keep up to date with YouTube and Facebook video trends
- You have passionate opinions about Google Sheets
- You’ve worked at a startup or in the tech industry before
- You’re familiar with DOMO, Jira and/or Confluence
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Unlimited vacation time because you’re an adult
- A flexible schedule because we know the best work comes from you when you’re at your best
- A competitive healthcare plan with dental and vision
Send us a cover letter and resume through the form below. (Please note: our website does not allow PDFs to be uploaded, please submit via an accessible link.) Distilling your personality, career aspirations and experience into a few lines isn’t a natural thing, so here are a few starter questions to prime the conversation. Feel free to answer all, some, or none, your call:
- Introduce yourself, and give us some indication of why you feel like the right fit for this position.
- Do you have examples of things you worked on that make you proud? What was your contribution? We understand if it’s a super top secret project — identifying details aren’t necessary if confidentiality is a concern.
- Where are your strengths and how do they match up to the job description above?
- What’s next on your radar? Are there new skills you hope to learn, or things you’d like to try?
- What do you want to be asked about?
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we’d still like to hear from you!
Vobile (SEHK: 3738) is a SaaS industry leader around the world in intellectual property protection, monetization, and marketing. It was honored as a winner of the 69th annual Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards for its innovation excellence in developing video identification technology to protect content value and copyright. We are guided by data, a love of entertainment, and an entrepreneurial spirit, servicing the world’s largest platforms, film studios, TV networks, sports leagues, music labels, and other content owners.
Sounds like you? Let's work together. Send us your resume below.
“Vobile has been invaluable at building our YouTube presence. They have helped us build a strategy and system that not only has brought us great success in the space, but also fits into our allocated resources. Our channel has grown exponentially since we started working together.”Andrea MaceySVP of Digital & Social Media Content & Marketing at WE tv
“Always a reliable and trusted partner. Incredible communication and extremely knowledge on everything related to YouTube. Would highly recommend to anyone that wants to increase their engagement, viewership, and subscribers on YouTube!”Eric DachmanGlobal Digital Marketing Strategy at Lionsgate